Healthy Smile Visit
Our Doctors utilize the latest technology to help your child in the fight against tooth decay–from early anticipatory guidance, detecting harmful cavity causing bacteria, to advanced restorative care and cosmetic dentistry techniques.
We recommend that you schedule your child’s first dental visit within six months of eruption of their first tooth and no later than 12 months of age.
Our dental specialists will conduct a risk assessment at your visit to check to see if your child is at risk for Dental Caries (cavities). Dental Caries is a disease that destroys natural tooth structure. This can be caused by bacteria, bottle feeding of sugary liquids, or poor nutrition and oral care. Our office offers Caries Testing (bacteria testing).
Find out more about Dental Caries by downloading the ADA’s Caries Risk Assessment form:
We recommend a regime of brushing your child’s teeth 2x/day as well as flossing to keep your child’s smile beautiful. To help motivate your child to brush, please download our toothbrush chart. This is a fun and easy way to keep your child on track.
This test needs to be scheduled 3 months after treatment is completed.
1) This test needs to be scheduled on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Wednesdays to allow for proper test reading with required incubation periods.
2) Only water is allowed one (1) hour prior to the appointment.
3) No brushing or flossing of teeth, eating, smoking, or gum chewing one (1) hour prior to the appointment.
4) No antibacterial mouth rinses for 12 hours prior to the caries test.
5) No antibiotics for at least 2 weeks prior to the caries test. If antibiotics are needed for a medical condition, the test will need to be rescheduled as the results would be inaccurate.
Two locations to serve you!
Green Bay and De Pere, Wisconsin